We have such exciting news, lots of wonderful things are happening but I'm afraid I can't share just yet…. hang in there folks, it won't be long!! Though I have snapped one of my favourite breakfast treats for you guys, a warm comforting breakfast perfect for gloomy weekends indoors.
We also finally watched the amazing documentary 'Speciesism' last night. Have you seen it? We highly recommend it, such an eyeopening insight into the way humans dominate over other earthlings. Give it a go, even if you aren't a vegan
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 1/3 cup organic rolled oats
- ½ cup wholemeal four
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbs flax meal
- 2 Tbs water
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs coconut sugar (optional)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil – for cooking
- Chopped banana
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- Coconut shreds
1. In a large bowl, peel & mash the banana with a fork.
2. Add the oats, flour & baking powder and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
3. In a small bowl add the flax meal and water to create ‘flax egg’ mixture. You will need to whisk it slightly with a fork and then let it sit for a few minutes.
4. Add the almond milk, cinnamon and flax egg to the pancake mixture, stir well until combined.
5. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add the coconut oil. Fry the pancakes in batches flipping once when the edges are crisping up well.
6. Serve and top with optional toppings.
Must get back to it, enjoy the pancakes!!
Love, elsie x